Please Donate

Please support JYD!!
Year 2017 Goal: $1000.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
Below Goal: $1000.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Author Topic: The end of JYD  (Read 6786 times)

Offline SuperShadow

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The end of JYD
« on: December 26, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »
It is with a sad heart that I announce that JYD will be ending about 8 January. There hasn't been much activity on the forums for a good long while (except for the spam bots). Also, the donations to keep the web and game server running haven't been keeping up with the costs. While it saddens us, dooN and I can't afford to keep everything afloat by ourselves anymore.

We both cherish all of the time that we have spent with our JYD family and wish all of you well in the future.

dooN has been away from playing for too long because of work, physical aches and caring for other family members.

I have been online trying to keep the web server, database server and game server running and trying to get a game going each night. This has been getting harder than ever in the past few months. My kids are getting older and need more attention from me and it seems that nobody wants to play TF2 any more.

While I will continue to play TF2 as my time allows. the care and feeding of the servers will be coming to an end in January 2015. The first to go will be this website along with the stats and pound (bans) on or about Jan 8th. The game server will be up until about Jan 20th.

For those of you that still feel the need to eat one of my Crawkets, I will play as much as time allows. You'll either find me on the OT server (74.91.119.146:27015) or look me up on friends.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:29:21 PM by SuperShadow »

Offline VMax

• View Profile
Well done JYD.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »
I just read SuperShadow's email/post regarding the End of JYD and I felt compelled to login and post this message. There is some sadness and melancholy when dealing with 'the end.'  But if you take a moment and review, what you all have done is very impressive.  In seven years, the membership grew from 5 to 1942.  The number of games played increased too.  Originally it was 'Enemy Territory.'  Then came TF2, CS, and a bunch of other games.

Well done JYD.  Good run.  You guys have done a great job, both BOD and active members, in creating, building, growing, and maintaining JYD.

Best wishes in all your future endeavors,
VMax / Kevin

PS    I was JYD back in the beginning...2007, I think...when EvilSmurfs lost 'a few good men.'  I joined JYD, along with others, because I didn't agree with the ]ES[ decision on Bob - he's a good man.  I still play ET from time to time, usually on the QAW or Old Farts server.  And I would love to sling bullets with you sometime.

Offline PNS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The end of JYD
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:46:30 AM »
The doubters didn’t expect JYD to last 7 days, yet here we are 7 years later, going out with dignity.  Let me first thank all those who first joined JYD in its infancy…we all believed there was a better way to govern a gaming clan/community…our success proved us right.  I wont name names because I would surely forget someone, so I’ll just thank everyone who served countless hours on the Board, or to anyone who just played on our servers occasionally…every contribution, no matter how seemingly small, was important and appreciated.

Let me give special mention to two people.  Doondawg, wow, what an amazing person, clan mate, BOD member, and as most of you know, my real-life little sister!   What an amazing asset to JYD.  SuperShadow…this self-less, tireless man has been carrying the weight of operating JYD on his shoulders since I left because of health a few years back.  They have both done an AMAZING job keeping JYD afloat…I am sad so much financial and time burden was placed upon them.  I totally agree it is time shut ‘er down…too much has changed since the wonderful days where one had to find a good clan in order to play…it has changed for the worse, IMHO…

I fondly remember all the good times…lots of the maps are permanently etched in my mind…I am glad to have shared the moments with all you Dawgs!

PNS, FOUNDER  JYD

Remember, we are all here to have fun.
One of my favorite lines in a song: "The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing"...
Allison Krauss-Lucky One from the album New Favorite

Offline .:|JYD|:.Kinkos

• eXecutive Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 07:32:16 AM »
This is a very sad day. I joined you guys back when I was still in high school. I have been through so much with clan and most days you guys were my second family. I have done so much much with you from running the L4D server with Ozzy and Shadow as our mentor to even a short run with the BOD until life got the better of me. I want to thank each and every of you for being there whenever I needed a laugh or pick me up. You guys can feel free to add me on steam and drop in on a game when ever.

With much love and respect,
Kinkos

Is forever short enough for you?
YEAH SUCK IT

Offline .:|JYD|XO|:.GP

• eXecutive Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »
I'm so very sorry to hear this. I know I've been gone awhile too . What with active duty and stuff. Shadow you know I'll beer joining you in old timers server. Imiss all of you though. We had an awesome run.. We had amazing people with lots oof knowledge such as Doon and SuperShadow. It's a freakin shame this is going down. But I'll do my best to stay in touch with each of you. I wish everyone the best and I hope we can have another awesome run in the future
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:32:46 AM by .:|JYD|XO|:.GP »

Offline nub_shot

• JYD Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 08:57:02 PM »
We all drifted away, which is sad but expected.

Some of my fondest memories was simply playing with you guys growing up. I'm impressed with Doon & Shadow for carrying JYD as long as you have. I remember being the first outside JYP/JYD post ES split. Ying and I carried in the bottom ranks for quite awhile. I'm going off of Vmax's comment of 7 years and that sounds about right.

I don't think current gaming can capture the family spirit, that hosting, running, and managing servers developed for us.

Heck it looks I have a bunch of unread PM's from feelgood (Blast from the past their).

But since this is the end I thought it might be nice to post a few updates on my life.
  • Went to college and graduated with a marketing Degree
  • I have been out now in the real world for 2 years now and sadly back home
  • I work sales/project management / purchasing in the Point of Purchase fixture industry and truly love my job.
  • I have been dating my current girlfriend for 5 years now, and pretty soon hope to ask that big question.
  • We are both saving for a home first (All about budgeting)

But from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for being here. It's been nice to have that virtual family to fall on when real life sucks, or gets you down. But we grow up, and move on. I think setting that date has let us go out with dignity.

Nub_Shot
aka Brandon

Offline Kooch

• JYD Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:30 AM »
What an impressive run. It's sad to see something you help start come to an end, but I'm proud of what jyd has accomplished. So many great people have helped in some way to make jus what it was. I hope nothing but the best for everyone and hope to see a few of you while playing ET or TF2 somewhere. I still remember the BOD meeting when we all first started this thing when we came up with the name. Me, PNS, Doon, Hawkeye. Wow. That was a long time ago. Good luck and health to everyone.

Offline Infernalz2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:22:21 PM »
I.... Wow. This is something you just to never expect to happen. Hell, looking at when my (first) account here was made back in October 2008, and how ever long I had played before then, I can't even begin to think of all the amazing times that I've been a part of with this server. All those maps that I'll never forget playing, all those crawkets I ate day in and day out, all those freakin' balloons, but most importantly all the friends I've made from this one server, this one community. Before I found JYD I had only regular'd on one server and since then I don't think I've ever played on a different server that wasn't JYD. I never even gave a second thought to where I would be playing when I loaded up TF2, it was jump on the JYD server and that was it. And I feel really bad now about not playing much this past... year or so. I'd just grown apart from TF2 in general, but I never even thought I'd see the end of the server.

Alright, I'm actually getting teary eyed now.

I found this server back in high school, freshman or sophomore year, back when I had basically no friends, and since then I can gladly say that I have made some amazing ones through this place. I really just want to thank everyone here, I'll never forget all the people I've met here and some who are friends for life now. More specifically dooN and Shadow, if there was any thing that made this server what it was, it was you two. In dooN it was to always have that one person that it was always fun to play with, maybe never the most skilled at the game but you never had a bad match if dooN was on the server to make it more fun to play in general. With Shadow... it was just everything, you get the one guy that was on the server seemingly every day and ready to play, you get the skill of someone who has played almost 4000 hours of a single class who is like 100 years old out right dominating anyone who plays this game, but mostly you always had a friend, and I'm sure anyone and everyone who passed though the server, who stayed with it or not, had found a friend in Shadow.

To hopefully wrap this up and not go on and on forever; I will never forget the JYD server or the friends I've made playing on it, and I really want to thank everyone for being my second family for all these years.

Offline .:|JYD|:.dooNDaWG

• Administrator
  • I'm yer huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
It has been an honor and a privilege to have served and fragged with ALL of you. I am sad beyond measure and if I thought we could grow again I would continue to put money into it, but gaming is just a different thing now. Unfortunately. I saw then end of clans and communities a long time ago with the console growth. I will still be dooN on Steam and will wear the JYD tag until if ever I find another community. I still have a little Evil Smurf in me and I will always have JunkYardDawgz in me too. We carry our past with us and it makes us who we are and how we treat others.

I can't thank you enough for the dedication and sacrifices you all have made, especially the ones that made the jump from ES. Believe me, I know it wasn't easy. I thank you for your trust in me and the other leaders. I am so grateful for the ones that actually did the dirty work of running the servers. Kooch, Holy, Shadow. You guys were irreplaceable. Hawkeye, the finances were never the same after you left...lol..

SuperShadow, what can I say? You came in at a time when we desperately needed help but more than a server admin, you became a central figure that rooted the clan, and a permanent friend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your tireless and endless hours dedicated to JYD.

To the man who started it all after he was betrayed and shit on by a loser who will forever be on my shit list. After more years of service than he even put into JYD, to be treated like a newcomer on the very servers he founded was appalling to say the least. So when PNS asked if he had my support in starting JYD, it was a very resounding yes, even though I knew the shitstorm that was about to follow and the loss of some people I considered friends (Momo) and almost the loss of a very dear friend in gaming and life (Bloodbuster).. I still chose to embark because it was wrong what Fatty did to him, and he will never apologize. At the end of the day, PNS did the impossible, succeeded far longer than what anyone imagined and created a respectful community and a safe, fun gaming environment. Even after the almost collapse of JYD after the disappearance of Feelgood, strapped financially, PNS took his own money and started over after we lost the clanjyd domain to start myjyd. We had one day to convert everything over from the domain. I copied and pasted for hours....lol..

Y'all will never know the time, dedication, worry, blood, sweat, and yes, tears, that PNS put into the forming and for several years, the maintaining of JYD. I have witnessed him personally worry and brainstorm to try and enhance the community. He did this for ES too. That's why it hurt me so bad for that split. I KNOW what he did for them. I knew when he "retired" and we didn't have a great PR person, that JYD would eventually go down, but I had hope that someone with the skill set that P has would pick up and regenerate the growth but that didn't happen. I certainly don't have the skills for that. Thank you P, for introducing me to Enemy Territory and my first clan membership, thank you for a great gaming experience and for having faith in me to be in a leadership role at JYD and above all, thank you for being the best big brother a sister could ask for. I love you.

We had a great run and my love for JYD will endure. I love you all. I pray for you all in your personal lives for God to richly bless you. Friend me on Facebook, save my email and find me on Steam (when I'm on...lol)

Sinceely,
.:|JYD|:.dooN
Sandra Ginn
doonh3t@gmail.com
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:29:36 PM by .:|JYD|:.dooNDaWG »
Gaming to me is like shopping to a girly girl.

Offline Magic Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 05:12:10 PM »
Holy cow this is sad. I was never a JYD member, but playing on the server got me through a lot of tough times.

I truly appreciate everything all of the former and current JYD members for everything they have done. Especially Shadow and Doon whom I knew best. There are some in the world that dont understand how close you can get to people that you play video games with, but you and the other non JYD people I played with have been and will continue to be some of my closest.

Offline SuperShadow

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »
Update

I realize that the dates that I put in the first post of this thread have past. Those were the due dates that dooN gave me for the web and game server bills to come due. I do not know how long the server companies will keep the servers up past those due dates.

When dooN and I talked about JYD ending last month we discussed letting the server companies know that we were not intending to continue renting their services. Until the servers do go down, I will continue playing on the JYD game server and updating the web server.

• Administrator
  • I'm yer huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
We actually have more money in Paypal than I realized. We have 2 more months. I just paid the Gameservers for this month sooooo, frag on for a little bit longer. Sorry that I didn't let you know. I think someone must have made an anonymous donation directly to Paypal. I will look later.

• Administrator
  • I'm yer huckleberry
    • View Profile
Re: Well done JYD.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 02:40:46 PM »

PS    I was JYD back in the beginning...2007, I think...when EvilSmurfs lost 'a few good men.'  I joined JYD, along with others, because I didn't agree with the ]ES[ decision on Bob - he's a good man.  I still play ET from time to time, usually on the QAW or Old Farts server.  And I would love to sling bullets with you sometime.

Thank you for your support at that time. It really meant alot. I know you and P go way back. He is a good man. You can let the powers that be on QAW that I really appreciate them having immature little kiddies running their server. I got banned last night on the original maps server with the reason given "because Porry said so" I guess Porridge was the name. I complained that they had a swear filter on (which is stupid, btw)...whatever. that is one of the reasons I play bot servers...cant handle the stupid ego driven little kiddies... I would have liked to have played with you on there, but I wont go back now even if they unban me. I saw Gerbilz and was chatting with him...whatever, maybe I will get on Old Farts. Hopefully they wont be such douchebags. See ya around V

Offline SuperShadow

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 05:59:56 PM »
Thanks to the generous donations from some of the regular players on the TF2 server, we will not be shutting down for at least the next six month (and hopefully longer). We appreciate the help that those regulars have provided and the support from others that aren't able to donate cash but help fill the server from night to night.

JYD has always been a place for players who like to play video games to come together and have fun playing. We hope that the help and support will continue in the future so that we all have a place kill people on the internet.

• Administrator
  • I'm yer huckleberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »
Well said Shadow and my thanks as well!

JYD Servers

Don't forget to add our
servers to your favorites!

TF2 Custom Map Server:
68.232.171.204:27015

TeamSpeak 3 Server:

Banned? Go here: JYD Pound

Game Stats Link: JYD Stats

JYD Social Networking Sites:

FaceBook
MySpace
Twitter